Creamy Tomato Pasta a quick, simple and tasty carbohydrate-rich dish, ready to fill depleted energy stores for those who find some fitness recipes.
- 200g raw penne pasta
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 2 medium tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 heaped tsp tomato puree
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 2 heaped tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 2 heaped tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
- 1 heaped tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 heaped tbsp grated half fat cheddar cheese
- 1 heaped tsp white sugar
- 1 level tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely diced
- A handful of fresh coriander finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation steps for fitness recipes of Creamy Tomato Pasta:
1. Add the penne pasta to a large pot of boiling water (H). Add a pinch of salt to taste. Allow cooking until pasta is soft and tender (refer to pasta packet for cooking time), stirring occasionally. Once pasta is cooked, drain and place under cold running water. Once pasta has cooled put to one side for later use.
2. While the pasta is cooking. Add the olive oil and onions to a non-stick pan (M). Cook and stir occasionally until onions are lightly brown. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, coriander, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir ingredients together thoroughly. Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes (L).
3. While the sauce is simmering, mix the milk powder into the milk in a medium mixing bowl. Then add the crème fraîche, parmesan, and cheddar cheese. Mix ingredients together. Add to the simmering sauce and fold ingredients together thoroughly. Simmer for another 10 minutes (L), stirring occasionally, allowing the sauce to mildly thicken.
4. To finish, add the pasta to the simmering creamy tomato sauce, and blend the pasta into the sauce. Allow pasta to heat within the sauce.
Garnish: sprinkle with coarse pepper, finely chopped fresh coriander, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Serve immediately with a warm bread roll, a side salad of your choice, and/or a nutrition drink (see “Sports & Recovery Drinks” section).
Nutrition Per portion of this Creamy Tomato Pasta:
(average portion 400g, large pasta bowl)
Energy: 344Kcal; Protein: 17.2g; Carbohydrate: 48.0g (of which natural food sugars: 15.2g, of which added sugars: Trace; Dietary fibre: 4.4g; Fat: 10.4g (of which saturated: 4.8g of which monounsaturated: 3.6g of which polyunsaturates: 2.0g. of which trans-fats: Trace); Sodium: Trace, Salt equivalent: Trace; Water content: 320ml
www.bodyfitnesstip.com – Creamy Tomato Pasta – a Fitness Recipe for loading up the carbs.